Monday, November 28, 2011

Another day down and other days left to go.

Watching those pageviews on ebay climb isn't as easy as I had hope, but in my experience the most bids usually come on the last few days. I'm not discouraged, as every failure is something to be learned from, so in short I'm learning tons.

Speaking of learning tons, I've been reading alot of other thrift blogs and have been having a blast learning about their discoveries, theirs a sizable bunch of people that are into thrift, and a very friendly community.

And now for something interesting: I have a singer sewing machine i discovered at a goodwill a year ago, and it's been sitting in my closet. it looked old, and everything was half off that day so i grabbed it for 7 bucks. It had been forgotten until tonight, i did some research, and looked up the serial number and from what i understand it's from 1920-1921 ebay shows a similar model from about 10 years later goin for 400$ completely restored. The sad thing that this one is far from good shape, and in pretty poor condition, would love to know what it's worth though, I may have to take it to the local sewing shop and see what they have to say.

kinda looks like this one:

I'll post pictures of mine tomorrow, It's been a LONG day.






(Special thanks to: thriftcore.com , thriftstorelife.blogspot.com, thriftstoremama.blogspot.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment